Here you will find my findings from this past week, things I’m thinking about, and discovering. If you enjoy it, please feel free to forward this along to friends (they might enjoy it too!).
What I’m currently reading:
“The Pragmatic Programmer” – David Thomas & Andrew Hunt.
“The great CEO within” – Matt Mochary, Alex Maccaw, Misha Talavera
“Wealth – The ultra-high net worth guide to growing and protecting assets.” – Richard P. Rojeck
Current list of books I want to read:
“Never Eat Alone” – Keith Ferrazzi
“Code” – Charles Petzold
“The hard thing about hard things” – Ben Horowitz
“Conscious capitalism” – John Mackey
“The Bitcoin Standard” – S Ammous
What I’ve listened to (and liked):
“Ants in Paris” – Sara Costa
“Imaginary friend” – Clément Leroux
“Nessun Dorma!” – Pavarroti
“Spring 1 – 2012” – Max Richter, Daniel hope…
“Experience” – Ludovico Einaudi
JRE Ep: 1800 – Gavin de Becker
Brave Blue World
Kiss The Ground
What I’m excited about:
- Watching the JRE – 1842 – with Andrew Huberman
- Next week I’m going back to school, I’ll have the opportunity to meet new people, I’ll have the possibility to grow myself, my skills and assert new patterns.
Quotes I’ve liked:
“Poverty, I realized, wasn’t a lack of financial resources; it was isolation from the kind of people that could help you make more of yourself.” – Keith Ferrazzi
“In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” – Bruce Lee
This week’s curiosities, interests and thoughts:
- My lack of desire to be at the office stemmed not from the people at the office, but from my lac of skills and purpose to be there.
- In 10 years, we must master between 5 and 6 subjects. As it takes 10 000 hours to master one subject, in one year we have 5760 hours of ‘awake time’ to take action. So, out of those 16 hours a day, what will you master in 10 000 hours?
And what will you master in 57600 hours (10 years of awake time)?
- You don’t have to do what you already know. But you have to know how to do something to do it. So you can learn new things and then shift the direction of your life by changing your skill acquisition.
- Every thought in your mind is something that you came up with and constructed with the knowledge that you had at that point in time. So to rebuild your mental software from the vantage point of many years of personal development is one of the most beneficial things you can do. You are essentially limitless to create any belief you want, and therefore obtain anything you want.
- The Knee. In French, it’s translated phonetically as “Je” and “nous” which is I and “Us”. So, knee pains are associated to how we feel a part of a group, or not. A knee pain, is that we’re not well included in any social group. And when thinking about the first quote I liked this week (“Poverty, I realized, wasn’t a lack of financial resources; it was isolation from the kind of people that could help you make more of yourself.” – Keith Ferrazzi), I’m forced to realise that to be alone, we are impoverished and weak.
What I have done(this week):
- Spent some quality time with my sister and re-evaluated some of our relationship.
- I ate one of the biggest Entrecotes (piece of meat), that I’ve ever had in my life.
- Decided to re-evaluate my money patterns, my spending, investing and saving habits.
- Still pondering building an e-com service?
- I went running, despite imposed restrictions by my surgeon.
- Wondering if I should move to another city/country and build a new circle of friends while I engage in study. Student exchanges?
- Pondering a niche youtube channel.
- Started an Ab exercise routine with my bench, and started following a wakeup routine.
You can also give me your feedback on Twitter @check_goldberg. What did you like most about this weeks findings? What would you like more or less of in this newsletter? Any other suggestions? Please let me know. Just send a tweet to @check_goldberg and put #saturdaysevens at the end so I can find it.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Much love to you and yours,
PS: Here’s my list of books to purchase, perhaps they might interest you too!
Cherokee’s Book List